The National Council is holding elections to fill the Vice Chair, Public Policy Committee (non-Board Seat).
The Public Policy Committee is composed of the Executives of all member Associations, in addition to all Board members. The Chairperson is elected by the Committee at the spring meeting of the National Council Board of Directors, and serves as a Director to the full Board for a two year term of office. Both Chair and Vice Chair may not serve more than two consecutive terms of office (two two-year terms). Election of the Chair will take place in the same year as the election of Officers to the Board. Election of the Vice Chair will take place in the off-year.
Rich Leclerc (RI) is running for re-election to his first complete term. He was elected in 2011 to fill a vacated seat. This seat is elected by the members of the Public Policy Committee. This is not a board seat, but serves in an advisory capacity.
If nomination is being completed by a person/organization other than the person listed below, the nominated individual must be involved in the submission process.
Qualifications/Credentials (MD, MSW, etc.) :
*Representing Which National Council
Work Zip Code:
Work Phone (cell):
Home Zip Code:
Home Phone (cell):
Each nominee may submit one supporting document (PDF only, no more then 5 pages). This may include a resume, letters of support, recognitions, etc. You will be able to upload your file on the next screen.
Each nominee may submit one photo if desired, no larger then 1 MB in size and no smaller then 150x150 pixels in size. You will be able to upload your file on the next screen.
(Please check all that apply.)
Public Policy, Advocacy & Lobbying
Medicare, Medicaid & Managed Care Contracting
Workforce & Leadership Development
Children & Mental Health/Addictions Treatment
Criminal Justice Issues
Housing & Residential Treatment Development
1. What is your professional background?
2. What in your life experience will contribute to your service on the National Council Board of Directors?
3. What experience do you have in local, statewide, and national advocacy?
4. What positions of leadership have you held (professional/civic)?
5. What special skills, talents, or services can you provide during your term of leadership?
6. What is the single most important issue/challenge you want to address during your term on the National Council Board?
7. What in your educational background will contribute to your service on the National Council Board of Directors?
8. What other information may be relevant to your nomination?
9. Personal blurb. Please provide a short bio.
*National Council Organization:
Each nominee may submit the names of two contacts (personal/professional) who may be contacted to serve as references.
I have read and understand the Board Roles and Responsibilities.
I understand that, if elected, I am responsible for expenses incurred in serving as a member of the Board of Directors.
If elected, I agree to serve as a member of the Board of Directors of the National Council for Community Behavioral Healthcare.
I acknowledge that all information provided in this application is true to the best of my knowledge, and that the nominee has been advised of this application. I believe the National Council for Community Behavioral Healthcare will be well served to have the nominee on the Board of Directors.
Please contact Kara Sweeney at email@example.com or 202.684.3723 with any questions.
Website Design by Oneupweb